Thursday, September 19, 2013

Uniforms, Id's & Behavior Charts!

   We are now at the end of week 3 and if I said that it's getting easier then I would be lying.  My intentions were to have my sons/students in full uniform by day 1 of Cyber school but that didn't happen.  However, they were in uniform with id's around their necks by this week.  I also HAD to make up a behavior chart because no matter how many times I give directions and instructions and post the classroom rules on the wall my sons/students are intent on doing their own thing.  It is truly frustrating and takes away from times that we should be moving forward in lessons. All of my years of working in the behavioral health field with problem children and working with students in the public school system should have more than prepared me to be able to educate and discipline my own sons right? Yeah, right!! Because the lines have been crossed between parent and educator (although the parent is a child's first teacher and I've been informally educating them from day 1) and I am now educating my sons in a more formal setting they are challenging me everyday. 

   We will occasionally find ourselves falling behind, sometimes because of appointments, other commitments or just getting started later than usual but mainly because of them being off task and trying to engage in nonsense. When this happens we find ourselves having to do an extra lesson the next day or God forbid over the weekend which is what happened this past weekend. Like everything else there are going to be good days and bad days and I can honestly say that the good is outweighing the bad. This Cyber School "stuff" is still a work in progress and even during my moments of frustration I wouldn't change a thing.  My sons are slowly adjusting and making great progress so far, Twin A is averaging 93% and Twin B is averaging 92% so with that being said, "onward and upward."

Peace & Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I am a fellow LC for Connections. I was just curious about you uniforms and IDs....is this something you do to help divide school life from home life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I started the uniforms and id's for a few weeks because I needed my sons to get their mind right about going to school AT HOME. You can find the id's on CA's website and I purchased orange polo shirts and khaki pants from Forman Mills. They are now in full school mode now so I'm not a stickler that they wear them now but I plan on using them for field trips, etc. Also, since they are regular clothes and not "real" uniforms they can still wear them for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete