Monday, September 30, 2013

One Month Down, Nine More To Go!


Well it is the last day of September 2013 and I am still adding to my home classroom. We have made it through the month of September with only a few tears...mine!  I would be lying if I said, "they were tears of joy" because they haven't all been tears of joy.  Some have been tears of frustration, some of them have been tears of realization and some have just been tears because I needed a good cry.  A few have been tears of sadness because my husband's mother passed away this month.  But through it all I have stayed on the course that my husband and I agreed upon back in May of this year. Ironically, a staff member of one of the Charter School's that I applied to in the Spring called my husband last week to apologize because the boys paperwork was misplaced with another grades and we can still apply in October if we are still interested in having our sons attend and they had seats in the 4th grade available now.  Well, considering that they are both in the 3rd grade that does NOTHING for us and  NO, thank you anyway!  If they are just finding paperwork NOW and we are now two seasons past the time that I applied then that is a sure sign of disorganization and other negative attributes that I personally don't want any parts of!!  I was very grateful that my husband received the call and not I because I would not have been as cordial as he was.

I am still getting acclimated to the scheduling of classes and just figured out last week that when I have appointments, etc., that I can rerun the schedule to shorten the number of lessons for that day or even postpone them to another day.  This worked out great for my mother-in-law's Memorial Service.  I put it on the online calendar, checked off that it would affect the whole day, reran the schedule and Presto, Change-O, no classes for that day.  The BEST part of all is that it will not affect the end date for lessons/school because the lessons were set up to gradually end a few days before the last day of school, which by the way is June 6th. So by the last day of school the boys will have 1 lesson to complete in 1 subject compared to now where they have 5 lessons in 5 different subjects plus an hour a day of Live Lesson with their teacher. This also applies to standardize testing so they won't get bogged down with lessons and testing all in the same day like the "brick and mortar" schools.

So with the month of September officially over I am pleased with the progress that is being made so far and looking forward to see what else the future holds.  But for now I will continue to take it one day, one week and one month at a time.

Peace & Blessings Always.




2 comments:

  1. First, I want to extend my condolences to you, your husband and family! Losing your mother is something I am dealing with righr now and it is a very difficult task. However, God is an AWESOME God and will comfort us all during this time! I am really excited and proud of you all for investing and believing in yourselves!! I am still walking with you Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carla!
      I just saw this comment. Thanks for your words of comfort and encouragement. I really appreciate it! The journey continues...

      Delete