Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's The End Of The 1st Quarter! 1 Down And 3 More To Go!! Woo Hoo!!!

     Since we are now in football season I wanted to incorporate it into my blog although I'm not a sports fan so I needed help with this part of the blog from my husband.  It's the end of the first quarter and my sons Jason & Joshua still have possession of the ball and I am fighting hard for a turnover (turnaround).  In other words it's NOVEMBER and they are back to trying my patience!  For the last 3 Mondays they have been completely off task and not focusing on paying attention to me so that we can get through the lessons in a timely manner.  On the days that our schedule is short because we may be ahead of schedule and we should breeze right through the lessons that seems to be the days that last forever.  But I'm still in it to win it and they are still "little people" in training.  For the most part they are doing well and both are carrying an A average and I have a support team of loved ones and friends who are always encouraging me to keep up the good work.  

     However, there are days when I think to myself, "really?  I am really homeschooling my sons."  I don't think this because I can't do it.  I think this because I never wanted to do it.  My mom asked me years ago, would I ever consider homeschooling and of course I said, "NO, never that!!"  I also remember all of the teachers and principals who always told me that I would make a good teacher.  (Keep in mind this was not told to me as a child but as an adult when I was working as support staff in classrooms and school offices.)  Now fast forward years later and I am working in the capacity of a teacher educating my own sons although officially I am a "learning coach." So since I am the coach and I can make all of the plays I plan on getting possession of the ball and turning these boys (players) completely around! With a little more training, coaching and discipline we are going to win.  

By the way, the field trip that we attended last month was to a Lego Robotics event and then we had lunch at Chili's.  My daughter went with us and all we could say is that "boys will be boys."  They had fun and it felt good to get out of the "classroom" so I won't complain.



Peace and blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment