Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Desks, lamps, decorations. Oh My!

         Well, the Summer is quickly disappearing and Autumn is slowly approaching which means "SCHOOL DAYS."  One week from today and cyberschool begins.  I am such a procrastinator!!!  I still have to set up my sons "classroom" which consists of me putting together 2 computer desks that arrived last week along with their desk lamps and setting them up, getting them acclimated to the online classroom (which I have done a little) as well as making their learning environment "school friendly" by decorating the wall with my school decorations.  Oh, and I need to purchase 2 more surge protectors.  Why oh why do I procrastinate so?  I really don't know but it will get done! I have organized their textbooks, workbooks and other supplies on a bookshelf that I'm reusing from my daughter's childhood days so that's all set and ready.  I also went through my learning coach orientation months ago so I'm okay in that area for now. They just completed their school orientation online yesterday and got excited when they saw that they can look at their grades as they progress through the coursework. 

     I still have not put them on their school sleep schedule and that's mainly because they will not have to get up as early as they would have if they were going into a school building. That goes for me as well since I'm a night owl anyway. However, they have been getting themselves up by 7:30 - 8:00AM everyday this week so that's perfect.  The great thing about cyberschool is that the learning coach can make up the class schedule because the only thing that is set in stone are the Live Lessons. For their grade level they have to have 5 hours a day of attendance which isn't bad at all.  The true test will be seeing if all of the work that is required can actually get done in 5 hours a day. Time will tell and I'll keep you posted.

Peace, Love and Blessings.

4 comments:

  1. I too am a procrastinator but somehow we manage to get it done. Good luck to you and the twins. I hope they have a great year and you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really it's ZALEA Barnes LOL! Hey Gs! Don't put so much pressure on yourself ... you definitely don't have to get ALL of the work done within 5 hours. You may need to take an extra hour here or there. I miss being a learning coach. It's only fun when they are young like our little ones. As Zaim became older it was tough. I wish I could stay home and let Lil Mommaz get the experience but the state calls. Good luck! I know you are going to do a WONDERFUL job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sis. I'm going to take it one hour at a time and I intend on spreading out the hours to make it less stressful for all of us.

    ReplyDelete